Project Grants are available for professional musicians wishing to work with school music programs to create and share unique educational musical experiences for their students.
Click here to apply.
Para solicitudes en español, haz clic aquí.
Music Study GRANT
We will be accepting applications for the 2021/2022 grant cycle beginning October 1, 2021
- Applications must be received by December 1, 2021;
- Students in grades 6 through 12 are eligible;
- Students must be participating in a public school music program and have at least one year of previous music study;
- Due to current Covid-19 restrictions and limitations, students should expect some or all lessons to take place in virtual environments (via Zoom, FaceTime, etc). The tech specifics will be worked out between individual students and their private instructors but access to a computer or cellphone with a good connection will be important;
- All Study Grant recipients will be required to participate in the MEAP Recital in late spring of 2022;
- To qualify, student’s families must meet the Income Eligibility Guidelines and provide proof of financial need;
- Students must reside in one of the following counties served by MEAP
- OREGON: Clatsop, Columbia, Tillamook, Washington, Yamhill, Polk, Multnomah, Clackamas, Marion, Lincoln, Linn, Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Gilliam, Wheeler, Morrow, Umatilla, Union, Wallawa, Grant, and Baker.
- WASHINGTON: Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, Lewis, Skamania, Wahkiakum, Pacific
- Applicants must submit all of the following via the Application Form below:
- a personal letter (PDF) describing the importance of music in their life, drawing upon past experiences, present influences, and goals for the future;
- a short letter of recommendation (PDF) from their school music teacher and, if applicable, their private music teacher;
- proof of financial need (PDF) in the form of either a letter showing the student’s eligibility for free or reduced lunch, the parent’s most recent paystub(s) showing income, or the most recent 1040 tax form. Please black out tax ID numbers;
- a 2-3 minute audio or video recording (MP3, M4A, WAV, AAC) that is representative of their musical ability. Accompaniment is optional. For files over 20 MB, the recording must be uploaded to a file-sharing program such as YouTube, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Follow this tutorial to publish an unlisted (private) video to YouTube.
Music Study Grant Application
Your grant request will be stored securely on our servers and will only be used for the purpose of evaluating your application. Your information will not be sold or shared with 3rd parties for marketing purposes. If you’d like your request to be withdrawn or any data to be deleted, please contact us.
MEAP Project Grants are available for professional musicians wishing to work with school music programs to create and share unique educational musical experiences for their students. Grants for in school performances or non-curricular programs can made for Elementary, Middle and High Schools within the AFM Local 99 jurisdiction. To qualify, Project Grant applicants must be members of the AFM Local 99 musicians union.
Applicants for this Proposals will be reviewed when submitted and awards will be made soon after.